The Venue at Lenoir City follows The Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide for best practices and the
PHASED RE-OPENING PLAN
PLAN IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE, BASED UPON CDC AND LOCAL GOVERNMENTAL RECOMMENDATIONS. PHASES MAY ADJUST AS NECESSARY AND/OR MANDATED.
While The Venue at Lenoir City will undertake procedures within its capability to ensure a clean and safe environment, the decision as to whether or not to proceed with an event is the Client’s to make. Likewise, the choice to attend an event belongs to each guest. The Venue at Lenoir City assumes no liability for any attendees being exposed to – or falling ill from – the Coronavirus or other viruses/disease.
Phase I (CURRENT OPERATING PHASE):
EFFECTIVE WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1, 2020 THRU THURSDAY, APRIL 30, 2020
Per the Mayor’s office and for the safety and health of our employees and citizens, The Venue at Lenoir City will be locked. Staff will still be working in the building to meet your needs to the best of their abilities, but we are currently precluded from hosting public gatherings of 10 people or more.
As The Venue is a department of the City of Lenoir City, if you need assistance, please call as follows:
March 12, 2020
The Venue at Lenoir City would like to offer you a COVID-19 update and reassure you all that we will take into consideration all recommended guidance from state/local health officials before making any decisions regarding large gatherings.
As you may have heard, the World Health Organization has declared a pandemic. Also, last night, President Trump suspended travel from Europe to the US (except for the UK). His announcement does NOT restrict travel within US or mandate the cancellation of large gatherings.
At present and based on our extensive research with governmental entities and the various professional venue forums and associations, we still believe the risk of continuing with events in our area is low. At the end of the day, the best advice we can offer is for each client and guest to assess:
1. What are the risks of having/attending the event?
2. What are the risks of not having/attending the event?
3. What are the benefits of having/attending the event?
4. What are the benefits of not having/attending the event?
In the meantime, The Venue is taking additional precautions to help prevent the spread of sickness, whether it be the flu, common colds, or the Covid-19 virus. We are:
· Having the facility treated professionally on a weekly basis or more by a Victory Electrostatic Disinfecting System, which is a chlorine-based disinfectant misting sprayer (and is more effective than alcohol-based systems).
· Increasing the number of hand sanitizers throughout the facility;
· Increasing disinfecting surface wipe-downs in common areas, restrooms and kitchen;
· Increasing fresh air (as weather allows) into the facility;
· Requiring staff follow CDC guidelines for hand washing, coughing/sneezing, tissue disposal, and social distancing (when possible);
· Requiring staff to avoid close contact with people who are sick and if they become sick themselves, to stay home until free of fever (100.4 degrees or greater) for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medicines; and
· Requiring additional use of gloves by staff for tasks above and beyond those involving food.
We will continue to add to these steps as protocols warrant to do everything possible to protect our staff, clients and guests. However, if you have an event scheduled and decide it is best to cancel, The Venue at Lenoir City will allow you to reschedule your event to a new date(s) within the 2020 calendar year. Rescheduling will be based on availability on a first-come, first-served basis. We will apply any downpayments/deposits towards your new 2020 date but will not be issuing refunds. Pricing will remain as reflected on your signed agreement. If your agreement has not yet been signed, additional fees might apply for a date change (depending on whether your new date falls in one of our “high demand” months as outlined in your information packet).
Please feel free to reach out to us at 865-986-8340 with any additional questions and we will do our best to assist you. In the meantime, please visit the CDC website to learn what you can do to keep yourself, your family, your business, and/or your community safe: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html.